[Grml] JFYI: Grml server migration on 2021-06-24

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Fri Jun 25 12:10:02 CEST 2021

* Geert Stappers [Fri Jun 25, 2021 at 11:57:14AM +0200]:
> On 22-06-2021 08:10, Michael Prokop wrote:

> > we test murphy's law by moving one of our main servers to a new
> > location on 2021-06-24, starting at 11:45 UTC (AKA 13:45 CEST).

> > Several of our services won't be available during the migration
> > period, incl:

> > * deb.grml.org (Debian repository)
> > * Grml.org nameserver
> > * git.grml.org (Git service)
> > * mail.grml.org (Mailing, incl. mailing lists)
> > * web (grml.org)

> > If things go horribly wrong, we'll provide further updates via
> > IRC (#grml on irc.oftc.net) and twitter (https://twitter.com/grmlproject).
> > *fingers_crossed*

> And where will be the success reported?    ;-)

Glad to see that someone is actually reading my mails and caring! 8-)
Sorry for mentioning this only on twitter (see
https://twitter.com/grmlproject/status/1408040997523709952), so
here we are (and in more than 280 chars):

This had to be delayed by our provider, as for the new colocation
some hardware parts are missing at our current server. The provider
is looking into options for providing us a new server at their new
colocation. (The underlying issue why we're moving things at all is
that on the colocation we're currently hosted we have IPv6 troubles,
amusingly no one complained yet :p)

Once we get feedback from our provider how we could proceed from
here, we'll set up a new schedule and announce it again. (A big
overhaul of our infrastructure is long overdue anyways, and I hope
we manage to get this done after our next new release, that we plan
to do in 2021-07)

regards