[Grml] Problems with zsh config

Frank Terbeck ft at grml.org
Tue Jan 22 22:42:37 CET 2019

kohby at posteo.net wrote:
[...]
> I've been using GRML's zsh config for some time now and it is awesome,
> but recently for some reason my .zshrc.local when sourced it returns an
> error code of 1, the culprit lines are this ones I think.

This mean that the last expression  that was evaluated returned 1 (while
success would be a return code of  0). I wonder how that's possible, be-
cause the  function that sources  the .local files explicitly  returns 0
and is the last thing that's run before our setup exits.

> grml_theme_add_token simplepath '[ %15<...<%1~%<< ] ' '%B%F{white}' '%f%b'
> zstyle ':prompt:grml:left:setup' items rc change-root user at host
> simplepath vcs percent
>
> Whenever the file is sourced I get a sad face on the right and an erro
> code of 1, when manually sourcing the file .zshrc.local I get this error:
>
> grml_theme_add_token: Token `simplepath' exists! Giving up!

You can't add the same token twice, so that's to be expected.

> and then it prints the grml_theme_add_token help.
> I'm not sure if this is a bug or something, probably something related
> to a cache? I don't know. If I change the name of the token and save,
> the first source of the file returns no error but subsequent sources
> return the same error as shown above.
>
> I'm using version 0.15.3 by the way.
> Thanks for the help.

Can you come up with a minimal example that reproduces the issue? If so,
I will gladly  take a look. But  I'm not very keen  on bisecting someone
else's setup. ;)

Regards, Frank