[Grml] boot problems on dell r640

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sat May 12 01:37:26 CEST 2018

Hej,

* Albert Dengg [Wed May 02, 2018 at 08:16:14PM +0200]:

> i recently got access to an Dell R640 Server and i'm having some
> issues booting via the virtual cdrom feature on the remote access
> card that i cannot pinpoint sofar, so maybe somebody can help me
> to debug this:
> * with 2017.05, it boots fine, however i have some hardware not
>   recognized (namely the 10Gb network interfaces)
> * i tried the testing and sid based daily images (in the later case
>   also some older versions from 2018-04-30 and 2018-04-23), but
>   there i cannot boot and i'm getting the following error message
>   that i cannot really pinpoint:
>   --
>   Reloc 0 block size 2756420659 is invalid
>   Relocation failed: Unsupported
>   Failed to load image: Unsupported
>   start_image() returned Unsupported
>   --
>   (there might be some slight typos in there, i typed it from the
>   screen)

>   after that, i restarts and the boot menu never comes up.

That's an interesting one, looks like a problem with the EFI boot.
Is BIOS boot an option? If so would be interesting to see whether
this would work then.

Is someone else seeing something similar or able to reproduce this
one?

Thanks for reporting, Albert!