[Grml] "unknown packages are removed from the installation list" ?

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Fri Jan 26 10:57:02 CET 2018

* 洪朝貴 [Fri Jan 26, 2018 at 03:55:18PM +0800]:

> I am trying to build a customized grml live CD.

> I used kvm to boot grml32-small_2017.05.iso
> and mounted a data partition at /media/sda in the VM.
> On that partition there is also a copy of the iso.
> Then I created /etc/grml/grml-live.local according to grml-live.conf
> and created /etc/grml/fai/config/package_config/GREG
> listing additional packages to install. To make things smoother,
> I chose SUITE="stretch". Finally I did:
> time grml-live -V -u -e /media/sda/grml32-small_2017.05.iso
> Please see the attached etc.tgz and typescript.gz .

> The strange thing is: the additional packages are NOT installed.
> In the typescript file you can find:
[...]

> So /usr/sbin/install_packages did apt-get clean right before
> installing packages and therefore was unable to add any extra packages?
> Did I do something wrong? Thanks for enlightening me in advance!

Usually this means that something with either the Debian repository
or the package dependencies is wrong.

When you switch into the chroot manually ("chroot
/media/sda/grml_chroot") and execute "apt update; apt-cache policy
syslinux ; apt install syslinux" what does this report?