[Grml] grml: speakup/espeak doesn't work because espeak/espeak-ng can't talk

Eigeldinger Simon simon.eigeldinger at hohenems.at
Tue Jan 9 14:41:46 CET 2018

Hi John,

tried with 2017.05. that works now. at least on a hp probook 650 g2.
though espeak seems to spew out a bunch of error messages when using by itself that it can't find jack and other parts.
though espeakup seems to work fine.
the hp probook is also a different computer with just one sound card.

i guess it might be difficult when you have multiple cards or hdmi connectors which also provide sound output.
i have one of those machines and i have some trouble with that.
the system seems to select the wrong one and so you haven't any sound at all.
i guess the only solution would be braille on that machine or ssh.
or is there a program or script to select more than one soundcard?

btw can you have a look at a daily build?
i don't know if those do fine as well.

Btw i wasn't lucky with the ssh server.
Ssh=password seems not to work at the boot prompt.
Though starting the ssh server manually and setting the password works.

Greetings and thanks,
Simon

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Simon Eigeldinger
Informatik
Nebengebäude 1, OG1

Stadt Hohenems
Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Straße 4
6845 Hohenems
T: +43 5576 7101-1143 | E: simon.eigeldinger at hohenems.at | www.hohenems.at

Diese Nachricht und allfällige angehängte Dokumente sind vertraulich und nur für den/die Adressaten bestimmt.