[Grml] grml: speakup/espeak doesn't work because espeak/espeak-ng can't talk

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 8 22:13:11 CET 2018

I was able to boot the grml64-full_2017.05.iso in a virtualbox virtual
machine and got speech. I have not tried the 32 bit image. I can
probably try the 32 bit image if necessary. But you should first try to
provide more information. Try enabling ssh when you boot and then
cut/paste the results of the commands you are using to start speakup.