[Grml] [Grml-devel] First Release Candidate of Grml version 2017.05 available

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri May 19 16:05:53 CEST 2017

The debian package for braille support is called brltty. There is a
parameter within /etc/default/brltty to put it into the initrc which
then causes it to auto-detect the braille display and start it
automatically. I am not sure how it worked under the 2014 release
though. All I know is that braille used to work automatically.

I have not tried the release candidate directly from a cd-rom/dvd. I'll
try that and see if I get the beep.