[Grml] Is grml still alive

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Tue Jul 19 23:22:32 CEST 2016

* Klaus Fuerstberger [Mon Jul 18, 2016 at 09:41:01AM +0200]:

> as I could not post a blog comment at
> http://blog.grml.org/archives/394-Is-Grml-still-alive.html I want to
> leave a comment to this article here.

> Many thanks for grml all over the years. Please keep on providing new
> releases without systemd packages. There is no need for this bloated
> piece of software for a text based distribution for system admins.
> Maybe you can base grml on devuan, a systemd-free, debian-based
> distribution in the future? https://devuan.org/ I am sure that you will
> get help there if there are any questions.

JFTR, we definitely plan to ship Grml *with* systemd, because that
is the way to go for us and also gives people remastering Grml even
more flexibility WRT service startups, independent from our default
configuration.

If you're interested in a Grml flavor *without* systemd you're
invited to work on that, you might be also interested in picking up
file-rc as upstream respectively package maintainer (file-rc being
the init system we relied on so far and where no maintainer seems to
be present anymore, esp. once both Alex and me will orphan it).