[Grml] grmlfull-32 2014.11

David Hare davidahare at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 17:42:37 CET 2014

Trying out grmlfull-32 2014.11 iso as a virtualbox guest.

On two different machines (one wheezy, intel core2, 2GB RAM .. another
jessie, intel core2, 1GB RAM)

In both cases it hangs at "Waiting for /dev to be fully populated..."

I have seen the bug report for udev but thought it was fixed.

A few lines above is a suggestion to boot with "noudev". Trying that
gives errors "could not open /dev/tty1" repeated for other ttys .. then
"could not chown/chmod tty device" ad infinitum.

Using "serial console" option boots to a prompt but freezes after X has
started (static mouse cursor)

Any ideas what is wrong? I have tried also the "-small" and "daily
build" versions with the same result.  No hardware immediately available
to try cd or usb..

Other iso's work fine here in VB.. *except* recent custom builds with
jessie+sysvinit+util-linux_25x which also cannot open a tty.

David Hare