[Grml] Persistence not working

Evgeni Golov evgeni at grml.org
Sat Mar 16 14:47:47 CET 2013

Hi Josh,

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 04:57:18PM -0500, Josh Lawrence wrote:

> I cannot get persistency to work with grml 2013.02.  I'm creating a
> live USB stick using grml2usb installed on my Debian Wheezy machine.
> Per the wiki, I create a 700 MB fat16 partition for grml and give the
> remaining space as an ext3 partition labeled "persistence".  On the
> persistence partition is persistence.conf setup per the wiki.  I
> execute grml2usb either with --bootoptions="persistence" or by
> choosing persistence from the menu at boot (same result).

Sounds sane so far. Can you boot with debug=1 and provide the log file
from /var/log/live/boot.log?

>  When
> booting, here's what I see on the screen:
>
>     mount:  mounting /dev/sda on /root/lib/live/mount/persistence/sda
> failed:  No such device

Expected, it tries too hard to mount sometimes :)

>     mounting /live/medium on /root/lib/live/mount/medium failed:
> Invalid argument

Mhh...

>     Mount point '/root/lib/live/mount/persistence/sdb1' does not
> exist.  Skipping mount ...
>
> Am I doing something wrong somewhere in this process?  If not, is
> there a work-around that I can use?

What kind of persistence are you using? bind? union? link?
Can you post your persistence.conf please.

What version of grml2usb are you using? The 0.12.2 from wheezy?

Greets
Evgeni

--
Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.