[Grml] zsh history completion via arrow keys

John da_audiophile at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 10:03:12 CET 2013

> Meh. This is what I get for not trying things out...

>   autoload -Uz up-line-or-beginning-search
>   zle -N up-line-or-beginning-search
>   autoload -Uz down-line-or-beginning-search
>   zle -N down-line-or-beginning-search
>   bindkey '\eOA' up-line-or-beginning-search
>   bindkey '\e[A' up-line-or-beginning-search
>   bindkey '\eOB' down-line-or-beginning-search
>   bindkey '\e[B' down-line-or-beginning-search

One last question for you, Frank.  In the interest of maintaining a minimal configuration, are all 8 lines required for this functionality?  My setup is the out-of-the-box grml configuration:
*Unmodified /etc/zsh/zshrc
*Unmodified /etc/skel/.zshrc (in my $HOME)
*8 line $HOME/.zshrc.local

Thanks again.