[Grml] Does speakup continue to work in grml after installation to hard drive?

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Nov 19 21:21:53 CET 2012

* Doug Smith [Thu Nov 15, 2012 at 11:44:28PM -0500]:

> I am attempting to get an answer to a question before I change back
> to permanently using grml as my production os.  Does speakup screen
> reader continue to work in grml 12.05 after it has been installed on
> the hard drive?

> There was a previous version I tried and, after installation, I
> couldn't get it to talk again.  I hope this one will.

Please do not install Grml to hard disk. It's meant as live system
and should be used as such. We recommend installing Debian to hard
disk instead, either by using grml-debootstrap, Debian installer,
FAI,...

Debian's installer ISOs provide accessibility features nowadays,
check out http://people.debian.org/~sthibault/espeakup/README
and http://wiki.debian.org/accessibility