[Grml] How to setup Xorg keyboard layout ?

Frédéric Boiteux fboiteux at calistel.com
Thu Sep 1 13:53:08 CEST 2011

	Hello,

  I'm trying to use the GRML iso image (with grml-rescueboot package)
on computers with a special keyboard layout, a french-targeted
dvorak-like layout called « bépo ».

  I found how to setup the console layout, giving
« keyboard=dvorak-fr-bepo » in CUSTOM_BOOTOPTIONS variable
of /etc/default/grml-rescueboot, but didn't found how to setup the Xorg
layout : it's a flavor/variant of « fr » Xorg layout (though it very
different from classical french Azerty) ; I can setup in a shell with :

setxkbmap fr bepo

and following grml's FAQ, I tried « xkeyboard=bepo »,
« xkeyboard=fr(bepo) » without luck.

  Could you tell me what syntax can we use in xkeyboard definition, or
how to setup my Bépo keyboard layout (if possible) ?

   Thanks,
	Fred.