[Grml] Using grub2-dev in grml2usb suggestion for me.

Christian Hofstädtler ch at grml.org
Thu Oct 6 16:57:59 CEST 2011

Charles,

On 06.10.2011, at 16:41, Charles Hewson wrote:
> I plan to contribute it back as either a --luks option on grml2usb or
> seporate script.

This definitively sounds interesting. Unfortunately I myself know nothing about LUKS / filesystem encryption on Linux.

> Have I missed any issues in reasearch you are aware of ?
> Is this approach logical ?

Can't really say. Maybe someone else on the list can comment on this.

In any case, please fork the git repository (possibly from https://github.com/grml/grml2usb ) and work from there.

> Any pointers on how to proceede from chroot to usb ?

You'll have to patch grml2usb to generate the grub config stanzas you need. grml2usb should automatically pick up the grub version you've installed on the host machine, but note that it copies the grub files from /boot/grub/*.{mod,img} .

> I'm open to any suggestions and could post bata of process as it would
> need to be tested on more hardware than I have available.

> Thanks for your input,
> Charles

Thanks for contributing to Grml.

  -ch