[Grml] Boot grml without CD ends with "No init found"

Ulrich Dangel mru at grml.org
Wed Jun 22 13:33:41 CEST 2011

* Fog_Watch wrote [22.06.11 04:44]:
Hi,
> I have a Proliant DL380G3 that I would like to boot without a CD.  The
> instructions
> (http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=tips&s=tohd#boot_grml_without_cd)
> seem clear enough, but alas I'm not successful yet.

Please consider using grml-rescueboot. You just have to place an iso
image in /boot/grml and run update-grub afterwards and everything will
be setup auomtatically.

> >From the grml cdrom grub screen I can "grml noeject
> fromhd=/dev/cciss/c0d0p3" and boot successfully.  From the grub screen
> on /dev/cciss/c0d0 I'm not so successful.  Soon after displaying the
> "GRML" ASCII art I get the nasty error:
> "No init found. Try passing init= bootarg."
> and a busybox prompt, not a grml prompt.  Maybe the initrd borked?
>
> Any help with achieving a grml prompt would be appreciated.

Ok, just a guess, add boot=live ignore_bootid to the parameters.

> grml201012

This is an old version. Please consider switching to Grml 2011.05

Ulrich
--
twitter: @mr_ud  | identica: @mru
IRCNet:  mru     | freenode: mrud