[Grml] Boot grml without CD ends with "No init found"

Fog_Watch db5 at exemail.com.au
Wed Jun 22 04:44:46 CEST 2011

Hello

I have a Proliant DL380G3 that I would like to boot without a CD.  The
instructions
(http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=tips&s=tohd#boot_grml_without_cd)
seem clear enough, but alas I'm not successful yet.

From the grml cdrom grub screen I can "grml noeject
fromhd=/dev/cciss/c0d0p3" and boot successfully.  From the grub screen
on /dev/cciss/c0d0 I'm not so successful.  Soon after displaying the
"GRML" ASCII art I get the nasty error:
"No init found. Try passing init= bootarg."
and a busybox prompt, not a grml prompt.  Maybe the initrd borked?

Any help with achieving a grml prompt would be appreciated.

Regards

Fog_Watch.

grml201012

grub.conf:
title GRML
root   (hd0,0)
kernel  /boot/grml/linux26 noeject fromhd=/dev/cciss/c0d0p3
initrd  /boot/grml/initrd.gz