[Grml] Missing mcrypt/mdecrypt

Stefan Weiss weiss at foo.at
Mon Jul 11 06:13:07 CEST 2011

Hi.

I just tried to create an encrypted disk image, like this -

    dd if=/dev/sda bs=1M | gzip | mcrypt > /mnt/backup/blah.img.gz.nc

- but it seems mcrypt and mdecrypt are not included in the (full-size)
Grml ISO. Any chance of adding those to the next release?

I'm not set on using mcrypt; if there's a better way to do this, I'd be
interested in that, too. I never store unencrypted data on portable
devices (ever since I almost lost one), not even automated backups.

But more generally, mcrypt/mdecrypt might come in handy in recovery
situations, so it might make sense to include them anyway. Same goes for
TrueCrypt, come to think of it.

--
stefan