[Grml] mirror grml

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Dec 30 23:08:52 CET 2011

Well, I configured the mirror for http the way you suggested. You can point
to http://dl.math.wisc.edu/grml/ to get to the mirror. It downloads the
files via rsync every 4 hours. But can I do just html? I'd have to get
someone else to poke a hole in the firewall to do rsync and ftp.  My
department doesn't do its own firewall (its done by the people who maintain
the network switches and stuff) so I'd have to bump that up the chain of
command in order to allow connections via rsync & ftp. Not to mention the
fac that I'd have to install rsync and ftp on our server. If you must have
rsync and ftp, I'll have to go to a committee and get permission to do all
that.

Also, I'm not sure about bandwidth information. How do I specify that?