[Grml] grml as host system

Philippe Delavalade philippe.delavalade at sfr.fr
Thu Dec 29 18:13:08 CET 2011

Le jeudi 29 décembre à 14:21, Ulrich Dangel a écrit :

> > > Which packages exactly are missing?
> >
> > For instance : bison, m4, texinfo, etc.
>
> You must download the sources for your LFS system anyway. So typically
> you have a working network connection and can install the packages
> anyway. If we have snapshot.d.o URIs in the sources.list you can do that
> without updating your whole system. So i don't see any reason to ship
> these packages.

Yes but sources can be download with any system (not necessarly a linux
one) ; the most important is that the lfs build is long and often people
stop and restart later ; so, they'll have to update each time the missang
packages. And, one time, I have built on a computer with no network but it
was a long time ago and the lfs livecd was uptodate ; now, there's nomore
specific lfs livecd...

--
Ph. Delavalade