[Grml] grml64-small upgrade error

Ulrich Dangel mru at grml.org
Mon Apr 11 11:24:14 CEST 2011

* Xi Shen wrote [08.04.11 13:27]:
Hi,

See
http://blog.grml.org/archives/353-Grml-kernels-cant-be-installed-with-dpkg-1.16.0.html
for the problem description.

But you seem to have two different kind of problems. One is the dpkg
warning message. You can get rid of it with installing the latest grml
kernel from the grml testing repostory.

The other one is a little bit more problematic:

> package 'linux-image-2.6.36-grml64':
>     error in Version string 'grml.02': version number does not start with digit
>     Setting up grub-pc (1.99~rc1-8) ...
>     /usr/sbin/grub-probe: error: cannot stat `aufs'.
>     dpkg: error processing grub-pc (--configure):
>      subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>      dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of grub:
>       grub depends on grub-pc; however:
>         Package grub-pc is not configured yet.
> 	dpkg: error processing grub (--configure):
> 	 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> 	 Setting up libslang2-modules (2.2.3-3) ...
> 	 configured to not write apport reports
> 	                                       configured to not write apport reports
> Setting up slsh (2.2.3-3) ...
> Installing new version of config file /etc/slsh.rc ...
> grub-pc
> grub

It seems that you want to upgrade your iso image via apt-get upgrade. I
assume you have setup a persistent partition and want to update your usb
stick. This does not work with grub as it tries to load the support for
your specific fs (in your case aufs) which does not exist and exists.

I dont know a solution you just may uninstall grub and just install a
dummy package (equivs) to resolve the dependencies of the kernel image.

Ulrich
--
twitter: @mr_ud  | identica: @mru
IRCNet:  mru     | freenode: mrud