[Grml] grml64-small upgrade error

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Apr 11 11:23:11 CEST 2011

Hi Xi,

please subscribe to the mailinglist before sending mails, otherwise
it's going through list moderation and can take some time ;)

* Xi Shen [Fri Apr 08, 2011 at 07:27:41PM +0800]:

> I ran 'apt-get update' then 'apt-get upgrade', and I got the following error:

> dpkg: warning: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 1728
> package 'linux-image-2.6.36-grml64':
>  error in Version string 'grml.02': version number does not start with digit
>  (Reading database ... 21612 files and directories currently installed.)
>  Preparing to replace libslang2 2.2.3-2 (using
> .../libslang2_2.2.3-3_amd64.deb) ...
>  Unpacking replacement libslang2 ...
>  dpkg: warning: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 1728
> package 'linux-image-2.6.36-grml64':
>   error in Version string 'grml.02': version number does not start with digit
>   Setting up libslang2 (2.2.3-3) ...
>   dpkg: warning: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 1728
> package 'linux-image-2.6.36-grml64':
>    error in Version string 'grml.02': version number does not start with digit
>    (Reading database ... 21612 files and directories currently installed.)

Whereas those look like errors they're actually just warnings, see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=620566 and

[...]
>     /usr/sbin/grub-probe: error: cannot stat `aufs'.
>     dpkg: error processing grub-pc (--configure):
>      subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
[...]

We'd have to know what your 'aufs' mount looks like,
seems to be a problem with your setup/configuration.

BTW: Please note that grml2hd installations are NOT supported and
you should be able to deal with Debian/unstable.