[Grml] pxe-boot-problems

Christian Hofstaedtler ch+grml at zeha.at
Tue Mar 9 18:09:24 CET 2010

Martin,

On Monday 08 March 2010 22:01:51 Martin Schulte wrote:
> i'm using grml the first time, and i run in some problems. I followed
> this guide http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=terminalserver to boot grml
> via pxe. My default config-file looks like this:
> -----
> LABEL grml
> KERNEL linux26
> APPEND root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=main:/nfs/grml boot=live lang=us nomce
> quiet apm=power-off nodhcp noprompt noeject initrd=minirt26.gz vga=791
> -----
> [...]
> While booting, i get the message:
> ------
> Could not find kernel image: linux
> ------

pxelinux (or syslinux for this matter) - by default - does not boot the first
specified kernel configuration, but tries to boot a kernel called "linux".
You can specify an alternate label by using the DEFAULT statement in your
cofniguration file.
See http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/SYSLINUX#DEFAULT_command
for details.

  Christian