[Grml] pxe-boot-problems

Martin Schulte schulte-martin at web.de
Mon Mar 8 22:01:51 CET 2010

Hello,

i'm using grml the first time, and i run in some problems. I followed
this guide http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=terminalserver to boot grml
via pxe. My default config-file looks like this:
-----
LABEL grml
KERNEL linux26
APPEND root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=main:/nfs/grml boot=live lang=us nomce
quiet apm=power-off nodhcp noprompt noeject initrd=minirt26.gz vga=791
-----
I copied the linux26 and the minirt26.gz file to my tftpboot-directory.
PXE-booting worked before.
I mounted the grml-medium_2009.10.iso using 'mount -o loop' to
/nfs/grml. This path (/nfs) is entered in the /etc/exports and works fine.

While booting, i get the message:
------
Could not find kernel image: linux
------
 If you look above in my default the kernel is set this way: KERNEL linux26

so, i first don't unterstand the sense of this message, because the
kernel is named: linux26
Second, after renaming linux26 into linux, this message don't occurs,
but the system is going down, soon.

Someone who knows the resons?

Thanks, Martin