[Grml] grml-live and passwords

Ulrich Dangel mru at grml.org
Tue Aug 10 00:42:34 CEST 2010

* T o n g wrote [10.08.10 00:25]:
Hi,
> Ok, then I guess the following is only done half the way, right?
>
> $ grep -B1 ROOTPW class/GRMLBASE.var
> # root password for the new installed linux system; md5 and crypt are
> possible
> ROOTPW='x'

AFAIK it is just copied from FAIBASE.var. As the variable is never used
in the grml classes it seems to me that, at least the grml classes, do
not support it directly.

> Setting ROOTPW not properly documented in fai-guide
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.fai/7612/focus=7618

The FAIBASE class supports AFAIK setting the password via the ROOTPW
variable.
Just have a look at the fai documentation. This has IMHO nothing to do
with grml-live.

Please note that i do not have deep knowledge of grml-live nor of fai.
So maybe you should ask the more general fai related questions on the
fai list or wait until mika is back.

regards,
Ulrich