[Grml] grml-live and passwords

T o n g mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 00:25:33 CEST 2010

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 10:46:02 +0200, Ulrich Dangel wrote:

>> What's the password for root and user grml by default in the system
>> built by grml-live?
>
> . . . There are no default passwords. All accounts are locked by
> default. |     Even local logins are not possible

Ok, then I guess the following is only done half the way, right?

$ grep -B1 ROOTPW class/GRMLBASE.var
# root password for the new installed linux system; md5 and crypt are
possible
ROOTPW='x'

>> Is it possible that I config grml-live with passwords not in clear
>> text?
>
> It is possible. But it is not directly supported by grml-live, e.g. you
> would have to write your own script.

Ok, I'm on my own now.

I tried to search, but only to have found:

Setting ROOTPW not properly documented in fai-guide
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.fai/7612/focus=7618

Anyone has positive experience doing this?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/