[Grml] hwclock in UTC vs. local time

Darshaka Pathirana dpat at syn-net.org
Thu Apr 22 17:13:22 CEST 2010

On 04/20/2010 01:46 PM, Darshaka Pathirana wrote:
> On 04/20/2010 12:16 PM, Bob wrote:
>>>
>> To see what the timezone setting is: 'tzselect'
>> To change the timezone: ’dpkg-reconfigure tzdata’
>> Look at 'man tzselect'
>
> Thx. I know that. My problem is not about the timezone but much more
> about the hwclock set to UTC vs. local time. According to the
> start-scripts a variable UTC in "/etc/default/rcS" is used to honor
> this behavior.
>
> And I have no easy way of fixing this (after booting up) without
> fidling around with hwclock and "dpkg-reconfigure tzdata"...

Okay.. after taking a few seconds to really check what was going on
the solution is as simple as:

% hwclock -s --localtime

I've added a localtime module to grml-quickconfig and attached the
patch. Hopefully it will find it's way to the package. ;) (I did /not/
change the changelog.)

Btw: @mika: why was the "Happy Hacking"-output was dropped? I liked it. ;)

Greetings,
 - Darsha