[Grml] GRML-Medium in VirtualBox- <linux-headers-generic> obsolete.

Ulrich Dangel schula at grml.org
Tue Nov 17 20:34:35 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 November 2009 20:05:50 Vivek Sharma wrote:
Hi,

Please reply to the mailing list as other may have the same problem or someone
else could answer your questions.

> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Ulrich Dangel <schula at grml.org> wrote:
> > On Saturday 14 November 2009 18:17:21 Vivek Sharma wrote:
> > > I have installed grml-medium 2009.10 in VirtualBox on windows7. I am
> > > not able to share-folder on host machine, a step before i am not able
> > > to install Guest-Addition on my guest-os, i click devices>install guest
> > > addition, nothing shows up. Some post said i need to install some
> > > kernel-patch in grml. anyone any idea.
> >
> > The Virtualbox guest-additions are already available in grml. Just run as
> > root:
> > aptitude update
> > aptitude install virtualbox-ose-guest-modules-2.6.31-grml (or grml64 if
> > you
> > use grml64)
>
> i have done this, do i have install the script after this, when you mount
> the guestAddition.iso and run the script. If yes, where will that script be
> stored.

What script? You do not need the guestAddition.iso as everything needed is
already included in debian/grml.

> If no thanks. but its still not working.

It should have worked. Please install virtualbox-ose-guest-utils and run:
/etc/init.d/virtualbox-ose-guest-utils start
or load the vbox kernel modules manually.

regards,
Ulrich