[Grml] GRML-Medium in VirtualBox- <linux-headers-generic> obsolete.

Ulrich Dangel schula at grml.org
Sun Nov 15 03:59:20 CET 2009

On Saturday 14 November 2009 18:17:21 Vivek Sharma wrote:

> I have installed grml-medium 2009.10 in VirtualBox on windows7. I am not
> able to share-folder on host machine, a step before i am not able to
>  install Guest-Addition on my guest-os, i click devices>install guest
>  addition, nothing shows up. Some post said i need to install some
>  kernel-patch in grml. anyone any idea.

The Virtualbox guest-additions are already available in grml. Just run as
root:
aptitude update
aptitude install virtualbox-ose-guest-modules-2.6.31-grml (or grml64 if
you
use grml64)

> how do i resolve this, is there something else i have to install, than
> linux-headers-generic like linux-headers or linux-headers-2.6.31-grml

It should be enough to just install the provided guest-modules.

You can also build the guest modules yourself (not recommend), just
install
virtualbox-ose-guest-source and kernel headers for your current kernel.
Then
you can use module-assistent to build the virtualbox guest-additions for
your current kernel.

regards,
Ulrich