[Grml] I got Espeakup finally to work

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Thu May 28 12:28:13 CEST 2009

Good to hear you've got it working. While you didn't ask for it, I can
imagine it would be useful, would you like the swspeak script to
identify your language and start espeakup with the correct -V option? My
idea is that all this stuff should be as transparent to the user as
possible (IE. you've set your language, the console may be using your
language, so why should you need to set extra for your speech to speak
your language). Or would it be better to be an espeakup enhancement to
auto detect your language? If I get time I may look at this.

Any thoughts, personally I would have thought espeakup would be the
better place although swspeak script may be easier for me to modify.

Michael Whapples