[Grml] Why does GRML mix up the stable and teh unstable branche in apt?

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Tue May 26 13:49:53 CEST 2009

Hi,
a few weeks ago, I installed Gnome on my GRML 2008-11.
Since Gnome shipps a lot of updates, I got a lot of stuff from the
unstable branche of the repo.
This results in screwing up my system, especially Gnome.
So I commented out the unstable branche and removed comment chars from
the testing branche; the stability was much better.
But due to the lack of performance I finally got rid of Gnome.
But the question stays: Why is stable and unstable mixed up on GRML,
instead of including the testing branche?
With one exception, this mixing caused no problem on the text console.
Hermann