[Grml] Speakup and non-ascii characters

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon May 25 14:34:45 CEST 2009

I tried some stuff on my system. Here is what I found.

When I edited the copy of the table I used nano for my editor and it
added an extra blank line and so when I tried to copy the table into
/sys/module/speakup/parameters/characters it didn't go in because of the
extra line. You should have a single new line character following the
last entry in the table (nano made it two new lines). However I didn't
get any error message with this copying, it just didn't go in. When I
corrected the table and then tried to copy it, everything worked fine.

I am trying this on a hard disk installation of GRML, I will have a go
with a CD in a minute.

Michael Whapples