[Grml] Adding packages

Lars-Erik Helander lehswe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 15:32:01 CET 2009

Hi Mika and thank you very much for your response.

The remount method looks like a nice and simple solution :)

Regarding the persistence solution, I think I would rather like to
have a solution where the installed packages are not forced to be
loaded into main memory - as I understand that the live-snapshot would
do, or ...?
Do grml have some toolchain that will allow me to either add stuff to
an existing squashfs or have the system "union mount" additional
squashfs files?

While I am asking, here is another question:
I would like to add a few lines to the file /etc/security/limits.conf
in a way that these lines are part of the file at the point in time
when the file is first accessed during boot. Shall I produce a config
(config.tbz) that contains my version of the file or should I add a
script that gets executed during boogt and that will add the lines to
the file? Any details on how to do this in the preferred way are most
welcome :)

Kind regards

/Lars