[Grml] Using VMware Workstation on GRML Linux

Keith Hinton keithint1234 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 03:05:11 CET 2009

> On 3/2/09 12:27 AM Keith Hinton wrote:
>
>> The problem is, how will I instruct it to boot the necessary VMware
>> services on boot of GRML itself?
>
> You unpack the tar (to /opt/vmware), and then run vmware-install.pl,
> which copies the files to the right places /usr/lib/vmware/,
> /etc/vmware/, /etc/init.d/...).
>
> So basically I would say the procedure is the same as with any other
> linux distribution.
Okay, but is the vmware-install.pl script part of the origenal
vmware.com workstation tarball hear? Or is this some Debian-specific
package?

>> I also hope, that I will be able to simply do an grml-x gnome and have
>> gnome launch directly and then run VMware workstation.
>
> Gnome should have any kind of autostart.
You have to spesify a window manager to grml-x, correct prior to
useing it? As in grml-x Gnome?
Regards, --Keith

> Regards,
> OJ
> --
> The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
> they start making vacuum cleaners.
LOL, that will be fun. I'm sure you'll be the first to get a microsoft
cleaner.> >