[Grml] grml_2009.05.iso and swspeak

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Jun 29 12:29:25 CEST 2009

Hello,
I think possibly the answer has been given, at the boot prompt where a
keyboard is shown enter:
grml swspeak

NOTE: espeak is the default for swspeak so no need for specifying
espeak, although it won't hurt if you really want to add that.

I did an audio walk through for installing grml with software speech.
Although it is for grml 2008.11 the process is the same for using and
installing grml 2009.05 with software speech. You can either find it on
www.blindcooltech.com or my website, here is the direct link
http://www.mwhapples.plus.com/linux/audio/grml_install.ogg.

Also I discovered that with grml2usb you can create a bootable USB drive
which will have all the swspeak and such like boot options by default,
and then you don't need to enter anything at the boot prompt for that
USB device. However it does require a machine capable of booting from USB.

Michael Whapples