[Grml] Creating a bootable DVD using grml and grml64

Ernesto Domato edomat at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 21:51:21 CEST 2009

Hi, I'd like to create a bootable DVD from the ISOs of grml and grml64
so I can boot whichever of the two flavors or even aggregate the rest
of the ISOs to the DVD (small and medium for i585 and amd64).

I tried to use grml2usb doing this:

1) dd if=/dev/zero of=dvd.iso bs=1M count=2000
2) losetup /dev/loop1 dvd.iso
3) echo -en "n\np\n1\n\n\nt\n6\na\n1\n w\n" | fdisk /dev/loop1
4) mkfs.vfat /dev/loop1
5) grml2usb grml_2009.05.iso grml64_2009.05.iso /dev/loop1

But it didn't work. There's seems to be some problem when installing
the bootloader.

What did you think?, Is it possible to do what I want?, should I use
grml-live to create custom ISOs?.

Greettings and excuse for my english but it's now my native language.
Ernesto

PS: if it can be done, I'd like to make a CD with for example
grml-medium and grml64-medium on it too