[Grml] I got Espeakup finally to work

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Tue Jun 2 00:58:40 CEST 2009

* Michael Whapples <mwhapples at aim.com> [20090528 12:28]:

> Good to hear you've got it working. While you didn't ask for it, I can
> imagine it would be useful, would you like the swspeak script to
> identify your language and start espeakup with the correct -V option? My
> idea is that all this stuff should be as transparent to the user as
> possible (IE. you've set your language, the console may be using your
> language, so why should you need to set extra for your speech to speak
> your language). Or would it be better to be an espeakup enhancement to
> auto detect your language? If I get time I may look at this.

> Any thoughts, personally I would have thought espeakup would be the
> better place although swspeak script may be easier for me to modify.

grml has all the relevant options for handling language stuff, so if
espeakup just needs to be started with some special options when
using german settings (using lang=de) with swspeak this shouldn't be
a big deal, yes.

Michael, you seem to be very good at all the swspeak/espeakup/...
related stuff. Are you interested in helping us in better
integration of swspeak/espeakup/... at grml? I don't have any active
developers working on accessibility in grml (so far I'm doing all
that stuff on my own), so I'd highly welcome you as a contributor.