[Grml] hardware requirements?

Jutta Zalud ju at netzwerklabor.at
Sat Jul 18 23:13:04 CEST 2009

Hi!

I wonder about the hardware requirements for grml and couldn't find
anything in the wiki and in the mailinglist-archive so far.

The reason why I am wondering is, because I have a very old laptop (IBM
Thinkpad 600E, Mobile Pention II, 228 MB RAM) on which I tride to run
the live CD and failed so far.

There is always the same error:

IO APIC resources could not be allocated.
RAMDISK: incomplete write (-28 != 32768) 4194304
invalid compressed format (err=1)
Kernel panic- not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(253,0

Other live CDs work, though: Knoppix 3.7 (*not* 3.8), Sidux Chaos (dated
  February 2007) and even Ubuntu 9.4 Desktop.

Any idea if I could make it work and how?

On my more recent Ideapad S10e it boots perfectly but it seems that the
built-in WLAN is not recognized (the Windows device manager says it is a
Broadcom Device, I'll try to find out more)

Regards,
Jutta