[Grml] How to create custom xorg.conf?

glenn greenfield glenn.greenfield at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 14:52:30 CET 2009

Hi and thanks for creating such a great live cd!  I have managed to
build a custom grml using the fabulous grml-live scripts.  I've
included the Nvidia driver and b43 firmware and the LXDE desktop.
This is all working perfectly.  One thing I have not been able to
accomplish however is setting SHMConfig to "on" automatically.  I'm
not using grml as an HDD installation but rather from live cd booted
toram from a USB device.  If I could figure out how to automatically
edit xorg.conf that would be great.  I need this because I use
touchfreeze to stop the touchpad from accepting input as I type on my
laptop.  I do see that SHMConfig is already in xorg.conf but it is
commented.  Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Option          "SHMConfig"             "on"

Thanks again.

--
glenn greenfield