[Grml] Remastering grml

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Wed Apr 1 23:08:59 CEST 2009

* Peter <vmail at mycircuit.org> [20090401 22:52]:

> I am not sure that I understand the instructions for remastering the
> grml live cd ( old method, not FAI).
> The man page for grml-live says:
>  Please use squashfs-lzma-tools 3.3.1 if you want to remaster release
> 2008.11 of grml.

> I want to remaster the medium flavor.
> As far as I can see from uname -a , grml 2008 is kernel  2.6.26.
> However, here <http://www.squashfs-lzma.org/>it is said that only
> version 2.6.27.6 is officially supported.

> Also , I was wondering, if this instruction does still apply to grml 2008.11

>  wget http://mesh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/squashfs/squashfs2.2-r2.tar.gz
> $ tar xvzf squashfs2.2-r2.tar.gz
> $ cd /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
> $ patch -p1 --dry-run < /usr/src/squashfs2.2-r2/linux-2.X.Y/squashfs2.2-patch

> In short, I am asking, what is the recommended way to remaster grml
> 2008.11 with grml2008.11 as build environment ?

No need for manual actions, grml provides all the relevant stuff for
remastering out-of-the-box. :)

The documentation regarding squashfs is mainly interesting if you
want to build on non-grml systems or when remastering/building
older/newer grml versions. It's meant to be a reference for people
encountering any problems with building.