[Grml] grml2hd on a usb stick - wear level issues

Peter vmail at mycircuit.org
Sun Sep 14 01:24:52 CEST 2008

Hi
I would like to install grml to a usb stick. (not as a live cd but as a
hard disk install). Since this is flush memory, with limited write
cycles, I wonder if I have to take special with some files or
directories that might perform to a high number of write access. For
example, I can not create a swap partition since this will rapidly ruin
the stick.
My question is: are there other files (for examples in the /dev /tmp
/var dirs) that are written very frequently and that should be mapped
for example to a tmpfs or ramdisk ?

Thanks for your help
Peter