[Grml] approx

T o n g mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 05:48:02 CEST 2008

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 05:20:02 +0200, Michael Gebetsroither wrote:

>> I'm using grml-debootstrap to build a minimum system. . .
>
> You know that you do _not_ need approx in the chroot?

Oh, I didn't know. sorry for my ignorance for the hacky suggestion.

In fact, I had been looking into the package caching solutions, namely,
apt-proxy, apt-cacher and approx, but haven't figure out which one is the
easiest to install/config, and suit a home-linux system.

Is the following all it takes for approx to work?

apt-get install approx
echo 'debian      http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian' >>/etc/approx/approx.conf
Restart approx

Are there any more configurations? Do I need to configure apt-get to use
approx? Can anyone list all your tweaks, and post all your tweaked approx
related configuration files please?

Thanks a lot.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)