[Grml] include liblinuxlive in linuxrc please

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Tue Sep 2 23:10:45 CEST 2008

* T o n g <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20080902 22:32]:
> On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 16:55:55 +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:

> > If anyone is interested in bringing liblinuxlive
> > into live-initramfs (the initrd/initramfs technology grml is using)
> > it's highly welcome of course!

> I'll be happy to make the attempt. Basically, I'll only need to do two
> things (for the moment),

Cool!

> - include liblinuxlive in initrd/initramfs that grml uses.
> - change linuxrc so that it mounts GRML/GRML using the function in liblinuxlive

> Where can I find the grml-specific initrd/initramfs? Not the following, I
> presume.

> initramfs-tools - tools for generating an initramfs
> bootcd-mkinitramfs - initramfs extension for bootcd
> live-initramfs - Debian Live initramfs hook

We are using live-initramfs which is based on the infrastructure
initramfs-tools provides.

You can retreive the live-initramfs source we are using through
running:

  hg clone http://hg.grml.org/live-initramfs-grml

It's live-initramfs from Debian plus some minor grml specific
addons. If anyone is wondering why it's named live-initramfs-grml:
no it's *not* a fork. :)