[Grml] No GUI

Frank Terbeck ft at grml.org
Mon Oct 27 08:59:59 CET 2008

renlac10 at gmail.com <renlac10 at gmail.com>:
> Sorry if I'm a totally ignorant newby at linux, which I'm getting in exactly
> because of Incognito, a longing and startling tool.
>
> Being clueless about, I thought I was to expect that booting Incognito
> live-cd would get me directly to the GUI (KDE) which is shown in the
> screenshots. But the boot stops at a linux prompt, both trying grml 1.1 and
> grml medium, being the first "livecd root #" and the latter "root at grm ~#".
>
> So I would like to ask whether this is actualy expected or is a bug, and
> what I must do to run kde (or the gui) in order to star using Incognito.

Okay, why are you downloading grml, burning grml to a cdrom and
posting to a grml mailinglist, when you don't even what to use it at
all.

grml does not ship KDE - so, that's why you can't start it off of
grml.

If you want the incognito live cd, I suggest you download *that*
live cd's iso image and not grml.

See this link for what grml actually is:
    <http://grml.org/features/>

And ask google where to find that other live cd.

Regards, Frank

                                                  -- RFC 1925