[Grml] bts difficulites

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Wed Oct 1 00:37:57 CEST 2008

* T o n g <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20081001 00:07]:
> On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 22:46:11 +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:

> >> to submit bug report by email. is the format the same as that prepared
> >> by reportbug?

> > Just send a mail, no special layout. A meaningful subject and more
> > details in the body of the mail. :)

> so there is no automatic linking of the bug report and the reported
> package. moreover, when would I get a confirmation message with an issue
> number then?

Each report gets its own issue id.  You'll get a confirmation
message as soon as anyone replies to the issue.

> >> Further, how to comment on a bts issue by email?

> > If you have an account in the BTS you can login and just write stuff
> > directly at the according bts issue.

> So there is no email address associated with each bts, as debian does,
> and use can't close a bts by email either.

The email address identifies the person, if you want to *edit*
stuff inside the BTS itself you have to login with an account.

You can use the BTS via mail as well:
http://bts.grml.org/ -> "Roundup docs" ->
http://roundup.sourceforge.net/doc-1.0/user_guide.html#e-mail-gateway

> hmm..., seems less automated than reportbug and more human intervention
> to me. I'm curious why we give up reportbug. Anyway, I believe the ease
> is on the administration side, not the end user side.

It works better than reportbug because too many *users* of grml
either didn't know about reportbug or are afraid of it at all (yeah,
not a joke - that's really not uncommon). It works just fine for the
administration side as well, that's why we switched from reportbug
to roundup.