[Grml] Netboot package for grml64 2008_11

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sun Nov 30 09:28:02 CET 2008

Is it possible to place grml in a chroot environment on a debian system, then
boot into it from another machine using PXE?

The advantage here is that I could make configuration changes, e.g., to have
sshd started during the boot process with my public key configured to allow
login. I could also add packages and make other configuration changes.

I noticed that there are chroot tar files of grml releases, but distributed as
tar files rather than compressed (tar.gz, tar.bz2), making them more
bandwidth-consuming to download.