[Grml] How grml cd image is created

Darshaka Pathirana dpat at syn-net.org
Mon Nov 17 20:39:28 CET 2008

On 16.11.2008 19:34, Michael Prokop wrote:
> * T o n g <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20081116 16:09]:
>
>> Quick question, how the grml cd image is created (from a directory)?
>
> grml-live -a i386 -s sid -c GRMLBASE,GRML_FULL,LATEX_CLEANUP,RELEASE,I386 \
>           -o /grml-live/grml2008.11-rc1 -v 2008.11-rc1 -g grml \
>           -r Schluchtenscheisser $BUILDONLY -V

Ok. This is also something I wanted to ask a few times...

But what makes me really curios is the following:

It seems that grml-live downloads all the necessary packages from
debian/sid acccording to the configuration block
(GRMLBASE,GRML,etc.) (and maybe customizes some configuration?).

So here's the tricky part: how can I force to create the exactly
same grml-version with exactly the same package-versions when going
on in time? How can I be sure that the same package versions are in
grml2008.11-rc1 one week later (where possibly some packages have
been updated in sid)?

The second question is how the grml-kernel(-package) is created and
maintained with it configuration and all its patches?  I found
grml-kernel.git (and the build-scripts) in the git-repos[1] but is
there really nothing like git-buildpackage for debian-kernels?

[1] http://git.grml.org/?p=grml-kernel.git;a=summary

Thanks for this great distri and thanks for any infos?

Greetings,
 - Darsha