[Grml] Install on LVM: some questions

Cleverson clever92000 at yahoo.com.br
Fri May 30 04:28:57 CEST 2008

Hi all

I have one only HD, and was thinking of using LVM to install GRML to one or more
logical partitions. But I've read that such setup is more likely to have
problems regarding boot and files corrumtion.

If someone has installed the entire system onto logical partitions,
could please tell whether or not it's really more dangerous? Is it
worth to give it a try?

Also, I wouldn't like to lose any performance. Is there any slow down in
any way?

Last for now: during the installation process, does grml2hd allow to place the root directory / in
one partition, and /home in another?

Many thanks and congratulations for your nice distro.

Cleverson

"The world would be a better place were there not so many people striving to improve it." (Olavo de Carvalho