[Grml] searching for grml

martin yazdzik yazdzik at nyct.net
Tue Mar 18 04:25:34 CET 2008

Dear M and friends,

A bit more on the Dell Latitude D930 grml install

grml 1.1 just drops to "can't access tty job control off"

mint linux, which works perfectly except for the sound issue,
well-known, lists the dvd driver as the first scsi drive and the hdd as
the second, contrary to all other laptops I have used

grml 1.0 shows more, as when seeking the cdrom after intial sequence, it
keeps tyring to find hdc, so this leads me to believe there is a
sata/pata issue not in either kernel, but somewhere in the installer.

this is very new equipment, santa rosa chip, so I have little hope, but
if mint works, why should not grml ?

Is the ICHM 8 sata controller no supported for some reason?

Best,

Duse