[Grml] Documentation on building custom kernels for grml-live CD

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Mar 3 22:14:43 CET 2008

* Charles Hewson <cahewson2003 at yahoo.com> [20080303 22:03]:

>   New stables look good on live CD and I am installing
> on two platforms today. Thanks.
>   Since early grml-live scripts I have been working
> with custom kernels. I have been successful at
> patching the installed hard drives. I have been able
> to do this either by GNU make or make-dpkg methods. I
> do not seem to get predictable results if I apply
> changes to /grml/grml-live/grml_chroot then rerun
> grml-live to recreate grml_cd and grml_isos. Google
> doesn't give me documents specific to grml or fai. Can
> someone point me to it?

I'm not sure whether I really understand what you mean.  You have a
grml-live system, want to manually adjust the chroot (grml_chroot)
and finally build an ISO? If so then use grml-live's "-b" option,
see man grml-live and/or http://grml.org/grml-live/ for details.

If that's not what you mean: what's the exact problem?
Which grml-live version do you use?