[Grml] knoppix-like bootfrom in gmrl?

Albretch Mueller lbrtchx at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 06:14:07 CEST 2008

 Hi,
~
 I was looking for a Unicode/utf-8 based LiveCD and apparently gmrl
looks like it
~
 The thing is that knoppix does not offer Unicode support and I was
getting weird results while coding for Unicode data
~
 I use knoppix a lot and got used to most of its ways to do things
~
 So, where is the old good bootfrom=/dev/<your device>/knoppix.iso ;-)
~
 Based on my personal expirience CDs and CD-ROM drives are heavily
taxed by LiveCDs and start failing with cloop I/O errors pretty
quickly, that is why I always go for the bootfrom cheatcode, keep a
small partition just for the ISO and use lots of RAM
~
 Thanks
 lbrtchx